How To Choose The Pub Table That Is Right For You
Have you just put up the home bar of your dreams and now need a pub table so you can seat down and have a drink with friends on basketball finals night? Have you just moved to your own place and want to use a space-saving pub table as your dining table? Do you prefer to eat your meals sitting high to see out the window for a better view?
Pub tables have become necessary accessories in homes with the coming of home entertainment systems and home bars. Nowadays, you can easily shop online for pub tables in different sizes, diameters, materials, finishes and style. But how do you choose the pub table that is right for you?
Tips on choosing the right pub table
1. How tall do you want your pub table to be?
– If you want it to be the same height as your kitchen countertop, then you should get a pub table that is about 36 inches tall and a bar stool that is 24 inches.
– If you want it to be the same height as your bar countertop, then you should get a pub table that is about 42 inches tall and a bar stool that is 30 inches.
– If you want to have the flexibility of varying the height of your pub table and bar stool, then you should get a metal table and bar stool with adjustable height mechanism.
2. How many people are you going to seat around your pub table?
– If you are going to seat 2-4 people, then you should get a table top measuring 24 inches in diameter for cozy get togethers or 30 inches if you want to comfortably fit 4.
– If you are going to seat more than 4 people, and this is usually outdoors where you will have more room, then you should get a table top measuring 42 inches in diameter. Outdoor pub tables of this size can come with holes to hold an outdoor patio umbrella.
3. What would be the best location for your pub table?
– If your home bar is indoors or if you want to use your pub table as a dining table, then you should put your pub table indoors in the recreation room or den.
– If you often entertain outdoors, or you simply enjoy being around in your garden or covered patio, then you should put your pub table outdoors.
4. What material, style and finish do you want for your pub table to suit your taste and home décor?
– If you prefer the traditional old-world style, then you may opt for bevelled, hardwood pub tables in oak finish or the graceful flowing lines of handcrafted metal or wrought iron pub tables with clear glass table tops.
– If you prefer the modern contemporary look, then you may opt for black metal pub tables with clean, minimalist lines and a clear bevelled glass table tops.
– If you want to create the tone for viewing an exciting ballgame, then you may opt for a pub table in the themed style which shows your favorite college team logo.
5. Do you want bar stools to accompany your pub table?
– What type of back do you prefer for your bar stools: high back, low back or backless?
– Do you prefer the seats upholstered in fabric or leather?
– Do you want the seat to swivel or remain stationary?
– Do you want the seat to be 24 or 30 inches high?
– How many bar stools would you need?
6. And last but not least what is your budget? A quick browse of pub table online stores shows that:
– A budget of under $300 can get you a themed NCAA pub table in polished honey wood finish and with inset leather background of your favorite college football team logo.
– $400 can buy a traditional pedestal pub table in bevelled hardwood oak finish, with a heavy ball and clawed feet for that majestic look.
– And for a slightly bigger budget of around $900, you can get a rustic looking outdoor pub table that will be the conversation piece of your next backyard barbeque. Set in dark wood, this pub table is fashioned by hand in the saloon style, from irregularly shaped individual South American teak.