How To Get Cash Back On Almost Every Online Purchase
Shoppers are buying more and more online and just as there are cash back credit cards where you get cash back on every purchase you make with the credit card, there are also cash back shopping sites where you get cash back on every purchase you make through their sites. Although cash back credit cards typically only give you 1-2% cash back, cash back websites usually give 3-10% cash back on purchases with some going as high as 30%.
Things You’ll Need:
• Internet Access
• The desire to save money on your online purchases
STEP 1: Find a cash back shopping site by either doing a search in your favorite search engine or go to my personal favorite which is CouponCactus.com.
STEP 2: Sign up for free membership. These sites make money on your purchases too so there is no need for them to charge you a fee for their services. If they try then go elsewhere.
STEP 3: Search for the store you wish to purchase from (most cash back shopping sites have 800 or more stores) or by the category from which you want to purchase like flowers or men’s apparel. The cash back rate for each online store will be listed in their store list and usually range from 2-25% depending on the store.
STEP 4: Choose a coupon or link and click it to go shopping at the store of choice.
STEP 5: Shop as you normally would online and proceed to checkout.
STEP 6: If you had clicked a coupon with a coupon code then enter it during checkout.
STEP 7: Within the next week or so the cash back from your purchase will be reflected in your account on the cash back shopping site you chose to join.
STEP 8: You will accumulate money in your account until payday. Usually they send out a check once every few months.
Overall Tips & Warnings:
• Choose a cash back shopping site that also provides good online coupons that can be used in conjunction with cash back rebates. Quality is better than quantity. Many sites never remove expired coupons.
• Choose a cash back shopping site that has a good referral program. Some sites offer $5 to sign up or to sign up a referral member but you only get that money once you make more purchases and you only get it once. Some have much better referral programs where you make 25% commissions on the cash back that you referrals earn for as long as they are members. Referrals are members that join because you sent them there.
• To receive cash back you must purchase from the browser window that opened when you clicked the link on the cash back shopping site.
• If you normally shop at an online store not listed on your preferred cash back shopping site then send them an email to let them know before purchasing. Many times they can add them and you can save on your purchase.
• Keep track of the purchases you make to be sure you are credited for the correct amount of cash back on each purchase. It can take anywhere from 1 to 90 days for cash back to be reflected in your account depending on the individual store’s policy for reporting commissions as well as the cash back shopping site you are using.